Monday, August 13, 2007

Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Studio

We just completed hell weekend. All in all, it wasn't too bad considering the presentation requirements were akin to what they were in second year, and I work a lot faster than I used to. Still, I only got a couple hours of sleep every night so obviously by the time Saturday morning rolled around, I really needed some help from a wonderful substance called caffeine.
I went to a 7-eleven on the way to studio and got one of those coffee coolatta things and walked very slowly and tiredly towards studio, sipping at my precious frozen coffee when I saw a group of boisterous people walking towards me. A man and a woman led the pack holding hands. Seeing them coming I tried to dodge left, except they went left. Then I tried to dodge right and they went right. With no other option as they were right upon me, I attempted to go down the middle expecting them to break their hold...except that they didn't and basically wrapped themselves around me.
Then I thought, "What the hell?" and turned to look at these insane drunk people. And what do I see but the guy drinking my coffee through my straw! He proceeded to go, "MMMM," and babbled something in Danish to which I just shook my head and looked offended. His girlfried then went, "No, you didn't. Ugh! Unskuld!" (Unskuld means sorry in Danish) and then they continued on their way.
By then I was most agitated and stared at my coolatta in consternation. What to do? Strange drunk man just drank some of my $4 coffee. So I went to studio, told everyone all about what happened and then threw out the straw. I bought the damn coffee and I'm damn well going to drink it!
I hate drunkards.

No comments: