Friday, October 01, 2010

Overwhelmed

Work has been picking up - I mean really picking up. About a month and a half ago, they moved me off of Jackson and on to TFANA. Sitting in a new spot and working on these pretty much independently. I already thought that was pretty stressful - now I go to coordination meetings, client meetings (which I sleep through...).

Now, on top of that, I also get to run OSL. The girl that runs the project went on vacation for essentially a month and left it in my hands for these reasons: 1) I'm the only other person who has done any construction phase work for the project so I'm most familiar with it and 2) there's simply no one else to do it. On the one hand, it's awesome that I get to do this. Last year when James was gone, I ran Jackson alongside two of the partners, but they had a heavier hand in the correspondences. This time around, the partner is just as swamped with projects as I am, so I'm pretty much left to my own devices. Lee left me a lot of notes, but most of them are pretty abbreviated so it isn't very helpful. I'm fairly sure there's a ton of stuff that is due, but I've just decided to take them as they come, do what I can in a reasonable amount of time, and what happens happens. But boy, talk about trial by fire. I'm getting 10 times the amount of emails I used to get, and am on the phone all day. On top of that, I have a cold. Today, by the way, I discovered that Dayquil and Claritin-D have this amazing affect in combination. I feel like I just took pound of ritalin. EEEeee!!!

And somehow I'm still also supposed to get stuff done on TFANA... I can't wait for her to come back. And why won't they hire anyone else?

No comments: